Flexible Financing for Small Businesses
The FCCDC finances both start-up and existing small businesses for a wide range of purposes, and has been successfully doing so since 1979. We take a holistic approach to each application, carefully considering the unique attributes of the borrower and the soundness of their business plan.
We support entrepreneurs in a variety of industries with an emphasis on supporting entrepreneurs who are committed to creating jobs in their communities. Since our founding, we have provided more than $10 million in financing to local businesses and more than 300 loans. FCCDC borrowers have created and/or retained thousands of local jobs!
We provide loans between $5,000 and $200,000 to both existing and start-up businesses. If your business needs financing, contact our Lending Director, Glen Ohlund email@example.com. We would like to hear from you!
Get started with the Franklin County CDC! Click here for links to start the process and to register for our information sessions.
The FCCDC partners with the following loan funds and lending programs:
- Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation drives inclusive economic growth through access to alternative funding, resources, and individualized services to identify and structure solutions tailored to each small business in Massachusetts.
- The Four Town Trust Fund provides loans for businesses in Greenfield, Montague, Shelburne and Buckland.
- The PVGrows Investment Fund provides financing and business assistance to farm and food businesses. For more information, click here.
- The Ten Town Trust Fund targets businesses located in Ashfield, Bernardston, Charlemont, Erving, Gill, Hawley, Northfield, Warwick, Wendell, and Whately.
- The SSED Fund (Sudden and Severe Economic Dislocation) is for businesses that require financing for the retention or creation of jobs in Franklin County as well as Athol, Petersham, Phillipston and Royalston. It is also available to support minority and women-owned businesses.
- The Rural Development (USDA) Intermediary Lending Program is for established businesses that need gap financing. Funds may also be available for new and expanding businesses.
- The Rural Development (USDA) Rural Microenterprise Assistance Program is for established businesses that need gap financing. Funds may also be available for new and expanding businesses.
PVGrows Investment Fund
The PVGrows Investment Fund, Inc. (PVGIF) provides financing and technical assistance to local farm and food businesses through community investments. PVGIF offers an investment vehicle for individuals, institutions and foundations to invest in building a healthier food system. Together, we will all work to strengthen and grow the local food economy – more vibrant farm and food businesses, more local jobs, and more access to healthy food in the Pioneer Valley.
- Want to know more about the wonderful farms and local food borrowers that have received financing from PVGIF? Click here for a list of borrower profiles.
- Interested in investing in PVGIF? Take a look at the PVGrows Investment Fund Offering Memorandum here.
- Ready to submit an Inquiry Form to be considered for financing and technical assistance? Click here for the Inquiry Form.
Feel free to reach out with any questions to Rebecca Busansky, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-774-7204 ext. 112.
Mass Food Trust Program
FCCDC Partnership with MFTP
The FCCDC is proud to be a Co-Administrator for the Massachusetts Food Trust Program. Read an article about our position as Co-Administrator.
The Massachusetts Food Trust Program is a partnership between the Commonwealth, two nonprofit Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), a Food Access Organization, a State Administrator, and other partners, stakeholders, and nonprofits throughout the Commonwealth.
How to Apply for a Loan
How to Apply for a Loan
Here is how our process works: Lending Process Flow Chart.
|The first step in applying for a loan with the FCCDC is to fill out our Interest Form.|
|Next, fill out our Application.|
|Next, download our loan application as a Fillable PDF and submit it to Glen Ohlund, Lending Director, at email@example.com, or mail to FCCDC, 324 Wells Street Greenfield, MA 01301.|