Updates from March 27th:
The FCCDC’s subcommittee for COVID-19 response in partnership with the entire FCCDC staff and board have been following a new and very vigilant set of precautions to “flatten the curve”.
FCCDC staff are working remotely, please continue to email and call us. We are practicing increased sanitation as well as social distancing to limit touch points in our building.
The Western Mass Food Processing Center is still open with limited productions and shipping and receiving hours. We are committed to working with others in our regional system to ensure healthy food gets to those who need it.
The FCCDC is compiling a resource page which will be live early next week.
To contact Amy Shapiro, Business Development Director, for Business and Technical Assistance, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. For lending and grant assistance contact Alan Singer, Lending Director at email@example.com.
The Franklin County Chamber of Commerce regularly updates their website with information about local businesses who are changing their hours, staffing or practices due to COVID 19. Make sure your business is included so all your customers and clients know how to best access your goods and services at this time.
Overview from March 13th
The Franklin County Community Development Corporation has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and the risk factors to our community. We remain committed to the safety and well being of all of our staff, clients and community members and are pursuing the following course of action:
At this time, the FCCDC Venture Center and Western Mass Food Processing Center remain open. This situation is rapidly evolving and we will make any necessary updates and announcements. In order to exercise precaution, we are postponing all onsite FCCDC/ WMFPC events, tours and gatherings including our March 17th Information session and our March 24th Open House. At this time, we are not scheduling additional events in the month of April, and will monitor the situation closely to determine if we will hold the April 1 and April 21 Information sessions. If you have an upcoming meeting at the FCCDC please communicate via email with your contact to make arrangements.
Food Processing Center:
- At this time all scheduled productions will proceed as planned.
- No NEW prototypes or productions will be scheduled until further notice
- Visits to the facility, including meetings and tours, will be postponed until further notice or rescheduled to phone or online meetings.
- Extra sanitation measures will be put in place, including sanitizing communal touch points twice per day.
- Office hours will be limited to 9-4 and as always shipping and receiving is also 9-4, but we ask that you limit any non-essential deliveries or pickups at this time.
- As per our employee reporting agreement sick employees shall stay home, but would like to re-iterate this and expand this to any sort of sniffle, cough etc.
Our Business Community:
As a center of small business in our region, the FCCDC recognizes the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 on our small business community. We are working with our borrowers to modify loan payments to relieve potential cash flow disturbances. For now, we have teamed up with Common Capital Fast Track Loan Program and the SBA has an emergency program – see our website for more information.
The FCCDC and Western Mass Food Center buildings are home to several incredible businesses, cooperatives and non-profits. We are working with our tenants to ensure clear communication about safety, sanitation and operations of our facility moving forward. All tenants have their own emergency plans.
We have compiled the following resources for your consideration.
- COVID-19 Resources for Franklin County Municipalities – click here
- Commonwealth of MA COVID-19 page – click here
- Center for Disease Control – click here
- IRS Tax Relief Info Page — click here
The FCCDC is an Equal Opportunity Provider
324 Wells Street Greenfield MA 01301 413-774-7204 www.fccdc.org