LET’S WORK TOGETHER
Full Time | Lending Director
Are you a small business lender who wants to use your expertise to strengthen our region’s economic development efforts and provide financing to people that have not had equitable access? Are you a dynamic and entrepreneurial finance leader who thrives in a collaborative, mission-oriented team? Franklin County CDC is seeking a Lending Director to help entrepreneurs and grow the small business economy in western MA.
The Lending Director is part of the FCCDC’s senior management team, serving as a strategic thought-partner to the Executive Director, other Program Directors and Board of Directors. The successful candidate will maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of this well-respected, high impact organization by growing a balanced and solid loan portfolio while giving a diverse pool of entrepreneurs the financing to start and grow their businesses using innovative tools.
This is a tremendous opportunity to be a leader in community economic development. The FCCDC is a non-profit community economic development organization with 20 staff, working throughout western MA with an operating budget of $2.5M and assets of $8M, including a growing small business lending program and food system support operations.
Knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related financial field with 5 years of professional experience or advanced degree with 3 years professional experience.
- Comprehensive financial knowledge: experience with lending, financial planning, analysis and reporting using progressive and innovative approaches to support underserved populations.
- Experience managing and collaborating with others, and excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite and lending databases.
- Personal qualities of self-starter, independent worker, highly organized, continuous learner, proven ability to be a team player, and dedication to the mission of FCCDC
- Committed to dismantling white supremacy culture within the FCCDC and in the community, and help work for racial, social and economic justice.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Previous experience in community lending.
- Commitment to Community Economic Development and understanding of the small business environment, including farm and food, in Western, MA.
The Lending Director will lead the FCCDC’s lending and compliance functions as well as helping to guide the organization and contribute positively to the organization’s solutions-focused, innovative and collaborative culture. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. FCCDC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; people representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. EOE
This is a 37.5 hour per week, benefits-eligible, direct hire opportunity, excellent benefits including flexible hours and some remote work, health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off.
View the full job description here.
Benefits: Salary range $70,000 – $80,000 depending on experience
Type of Position: Full time, permanent position
Please send resume and cover letter to Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FCCDC is an equal opportunities employer and encourages immigrants, indigenous people, women, People of Color and LGBTQ+ people to apply.