Franklin County CDC Counseling Services
After attending an Information Session, one hour of free individual counseling is available to those who are starting or growing a business. Receive business planning instruction that includes marketing, budget projections and business plan critique.
Fee-based counseling will guide you through developing a mission statement, goals and objectives, marketing plan, operations plan, and budget projection. This is structured for people who prefer individual counseling. Individual sessions by appointment.
- Attend the next free information session Sign up here
- Call for an appointment 413-774-7204 ext 107
FREE BUSINESS COUNSELING is also available through the following organizations:
Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network – to make an appointment with an MSBDC counselor in:
- Franklin County, contact the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce at 413-773-5463
- Berkshire County, contact MSBDC Berkshire Regional Office at 413-499-0933
- Hampden County, contact MSBDC Western MA Regional Office at 413-577-1768
- Hampshire County, contact Northampton Chamber of Commerce at 413-584-1900
To make an appointment with a SCORE counselor, contact the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce at 413-773-5463, or Western MA SCORE at 413-785-0314
Other Fee-based Counseling Services
are available from business consultants, accountants, lawyers, CPAs. To locate an industry expert that best fits your need:
- Ask several people you respect for a referral – obtain at least 2-3 choices
- Set up informational interviews to determine compatibility and if expertise fits your need
- Once you have selected the industry expert:
- Make a plan for the project
- Determine what you can do to prepare for your meetings (being prepared will lower your cost)
- Agree to a fee for service and time needed to complete the work.