Flis Market, Erving
Business Planning: A Strong Foundation for Success
Writing a business plan helps you understand your business, communicate your ideas, and build a framework for decision-making and management. It serves as a reminder of the goals you set and as a way to track the performance of your business.
Free Training and Business Counseling Resources
Business Training and Business Counseling is available from a variety of organizations and consultants:
Local Business Associations
Massachusetts Small Business Development Center
Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network – to make an appointment with an MSBDC counselor in:
- Franklin County, contact MSBDC Western MA Regional Office at 413-577-1768
- Berkshire County, contact MSBDC Berkshire Regional Office at 413-499-0933
- Hampden County, contact MSBDC Western MA Regional Office at 413-577-1768
- Hampshire County, contact Northampton Chamber of Commerce at 413-584-1900
Fee-based Business Counseling Services
Before seeking fee-based services from business consultants, accountants, lawyers, or CPAs:
- Ask several people you respect for a referral – obtain at least two to three choices
- Set up informational interviews to determine compatibility and if expertise fits your need
- Once you have selected the industry expert:
- Make a plan for the project
- Determine what you can do to prepare for your meetings (being prepared will lower your cost)
- Agree to a fee for service and time needed to complete the work.
Do you provide services to businesses?
Contact us or call us at (413) 774-7204