Small Business Flexible Loan Financing

**Beginning in 2015, the FCCDC is proud to administer
the PVGrows Investment Fund**

We finance both start up and existing small businesses offering loans for a wide variety of purposes, and have been successfully doing so now for over 35 years. Our service area consists of entire  Pioneer Valley, North Quabbin and Northern Berkshire County of Massachusetts.  

We support entrepreneurs involved in a wide variety of industries with an emphasis on supporting businesses committed to either retaining and/or creating jobs. If your business needs financing and traditional, commercial bank financing is not sufficiently available, contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Lending Director. We would like to hear from you.

We can lend as little as $5,000 to as much $200,000 to both existing and start up businesses. Start up businesses are required to submit a written, prepared business plan in support of their loan request. We welcome collaborations with both traditional and alternative loan capital providers to best leverage financing dollars.

Since our beginning, we have provided over $8 million in financing to local businesses and over 250 loans. FCCDC borrowers have created and/or retained over 1,400 jobs throughout Franklin County!

We primarily seek to lend to manufacturing, local agricultural and food businesses, and other natural resource-based businesses, as well as artisans, and retail or service businesses located in core downtown areas. Lending to businesses that will create or retain jobs for local residents is a priority.

  Loan Funds


  • The Four Town Trust Fund provides loans for businesses in Greenfield, Montague, Shelburne and Buckland.
  • The Ten Town Trust Fund targets businesses located in Ashfield, Bernardston, Charlemont, Erving, Gill, Hawley, Northfield, Warwick, Wendell, and Whately.
  • The SSED Fund (Sudden and Severe Economic Dislocation) is for businesses that require financing for the retention or creation of jobs in Franklin County as well as Athol, Petersham, Phillipston and Royalston. It is also available to support minority and women-owned businesses.
  • The Rural Development (USDA) Intermediary Lending Program is for established businesses that need gap financing. Funds may also be available for new and expanding businesses.
  • The Rural Development (USDA) Rural Microenterprise Assistance Program is for established businesses that need gap financing. Funds may also be available for new and expandingbusinesses.
  • The PVGrows Investment Fund is for farm and food businesses to obtain flexible financing and the technical assistance that fits their business needs.  For more information and how to apply, click here.

How to Apply for a Loan

The first step in applying for a loan with the CDC is to fill out our application form and loan application.

Loan application as a Word docx

Loan application as a pdf to print and send back

Here is how our process works Lending Process Flow Chart

 "This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (PDF), found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."

more than the money

Success Stories
Shire City Quote

Main Street Millwork

Read the story

Real Pickles

Read the story

Hope & Olive
Read the story

Dave Meausky,

House of Wax, Orange MA

Greenfields Market, Greenfield, MA

Indoor Action, Greenfield, MA