Small Business Flexible Loan Financing
We finance both start up and existing small businesses offering loans for a wide variety of purposes, and have been successfully doing so now for over 35 years. Our service area consists of entire Pioneer Valley, North Quabbin and Northern Berkshire County of Massachusetts.
We can lend as little as $5,000 to as much $200,000 to both existing and start up businesses. Start up businesses are required to submit a written, prepared business plan in support of their loan request. We welcome collaborations with both traditional and alternative loan capital providers to best leverage financing dollars.
Since our beginning, we have provided over $8 million in financing to local businesses and over 250 loans. FCCDC borrowers have created and/or retained over 1,400 jobs throughout Franklin County!
We primarily seek to lend to manufacturing, local agricultural and food businesses, and other natural resource-based businesses, as well as artisans, and retail or service businesses located in core downtown areas. Lending to businesses that will create or retain jobs for local residents is a priority.
- The Four Town Trust Fund provides loans for businesses in Greenfield, Montague, Shelburne and Buckland.
- The Ten Town Trust Fund targets businesses located in Ashfield, Bernardston, Charlemont, Erving, Gill, Hawley, Northfield, Warwick, Wendell, and Whately.
- The SSED Fund (Sudden and Severe Economic Dislocation) is for businesses that require financing for the retention or creation of jobs in Franklin County as well as Athol, Petersham, Phillipston and Royalston. It is also available to support minority and women-owned businesses.
- The Rural Development (USDA) Intermediary Lending Program is for established businesses that need gap financing. Funds may also be available for new and expanding businesses.
- The Rural Development (USDA) Rural Microenterprise Assistance Program is for established businesses that need gap financing. Funds may also be available for new and expandingbusinesses.
- The PVGrows Investment Fund is for farm and food businesses to obtain flexible financing and the technical assistance that fits their business needs. For more information and how to apply, click here.
How to Apply for a Loan
The first step in applying for a loan with the CDC is to fill out our application form and loan application.
Here is how our process works Lending Process Flow Chart
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.